ArangoDB 1.3.alpha1 and the first Foxx Screencast
Starting today you can install the first Alpha of the upcoming release of ArangoDB version 1.3. Some of the new features are:
* ArangoDB Foxx: A lightweight way to define APIs directly on top of ArangoDB
* Traversals: Define traversals to explore your graphs stored in ArangoDB
* A new and improved Frontend: Featuring a new design and various improvements
* And more: Multi-Collection transaction support, user defined functions in AQL, more builtin AQL functions and AQL improvements, bug-fixes…
ArangoDB Foxx: The first screencast If you want to get a first look at ArangoDB Foxx, you can now see our first screencast. Lucas talks about the motivation and goals of Foxx and introduces you to the basics. A second screencast will follow with more advanced techniques like our Repositories and Models:
How to install it?
- If you are on a Mac and using Homebrew, you can install it now via
brew install --devel arangodb.
- If you are compiling ArangoDB by yourself, checkout the branch
1.3from github and compile it.
- if you are using Linux, we have create package for the usual distributions. You can download them from here.
Get the latest tutorials, blog posts and news: