ArangoDB v3.9 reached End of Life (EOL) and is no longer supported.
This documentation is outdated. Please see the most recent version at docs.arangodb.com
To use Datacenter-to-Datacenter Replication you need the following:
- Two datacenters, each running an ArangoDB Enterprise Edition cluster.
- A network connection between both datacenters with accessible endpoints for several components (see individual components for details).
- TLS certificates for ArangoSync master instances (can be self-signed).
- Optional (but recommended) TLS certificates for ArangoDB clusters (can be self-signed).
- Client certificates CA for ArangoSync masters (typically self-signed).
- Client certificates for ArangoSync masters (typically self-signed).
- At least 2 instances of the ArangoSync master in each datacenter.
- One instances of the ArangoSync worker on every machine in each datacenter.
Note: In several places you will need a (x509) certificate.
The Certificates section provides more guidance for creating and renewing these certificates.
Besides the above list, you probably want to use the following:
- An orchestrator to keep all components running, e.g.
- A log file collector for centralized collection & access to the logs of all components.
- A metrics collector & viewing solution such as Prometheus + Grafana.