ArangoDB as an Embedded Database
ISVs, OEMs and VARs rely on ArangoDBs native multi-model approach as their products’ embedded database to quickly adapt to customer needs, stay flexible and simplify their overall development process. See our References. With lower development efforts, shorter time to value, and happy developers ArangoDB gives an edge on competition. Modern applications often ask for more than one database and ArangoDB enables this polyglot persistence without the costs and complexities.
ISV and OEM customers choose ArangoDB for its:
- Lower costs, up to 75% less than other databases. Lower development and database costs allow vendors to offer their products at a fraction of the cost of competing solution and win more price sensitive customers.
- Cross Platform Flexibility with support of a wide range of leading platforms providing the freedom to ship products on multiple hardware and operating systems and into more markets.
- Reduced time to market and time to value with a simplified tech stack.
- Graphs, Documents and Key/Value pairs all available in the same core
- ArangoDB Query Language (AQL), an elegant and advanced query language that feels like coding and natively operates with all three data models
- ArangoDB is C++ based and designed for high performance.
- Reliability and Scalability to meet requirements of the most demanding applications.
- Ease-of-use with fast installation, simple configurations and a very complete query language.
- Zero-Administration-Strategy to minimize maintenance and save on costs for DBAs or costly support calls
ArangoDB is available in two editions for embedding in commercial products
|ArangoDB Community||ArangoDB Enterprise|
|Encryption at Rest||✓|
|Enhanced User Management with LDAP||✓|
|Enhanced Data Masking||✓|
|Memory-Mapped Files (memory based)||✓||✓|
|VelocyPack (binary storage format)||✓||✓|
|VelocyStream Protocol (stream binary VelocyPack)||✓||✓|
|Arangodump & Arangorestore||✓||✓|
|Query Analysizer and Optimizer||✓||✓|
|Support of JOIN Operations||✓||✓|
|Full Graph Operations||✓||✓|
|Aggregation and Filters||✓||✓|
|Full GeoJSON support||✓||✓|
|ArangoSearch for text search and ranking||✓||✓|
|Data-centric microservices with Foxx™||✓||✓|
|ArangoDB Cluster Management|
|Configuration & Provisioning||✓||✓|
|Management & Monitoring||✓||✓|
|Cytoscape (Graph Visualization)||✓||✓|
|Apache Spark Connector||✓||✓|
|Keylines (Graph Visualization)||✓||✓|
|Free, online education||✓||✓|
|Private, on-demand training||✓|
|Complete List of Supported Platforms|
|Unlimited Support Incidents||✓|
|Multiple Support Contacts||✓|
|Private On-Demand Training||✓|