Weekly Newsletter, December 18, 2014
We released ArangoDB 2.3.3 – a maintenance release with some bug fixes. Here are some of the fixes:
- fixed error handling in instantiation of distributed AQL queries
- issue #1185: parse non-fractional JSON numbers with exponent (e.g.
- issue #1159: allow –server.request-timeout and –server.connect-timeout of 0
ArangoDB related (Drivers & more)
- aqb 1.4.1: ArangoDB query builder (npm) fluent JS API by Alan Plum
- guacamole 0.4.0 (rubygems.org): An ODM for ArangoDB by Dirk Breuer and Lucas Dohmen
- Travesedo: J Patrick Davenport started a new Clojure driver for ArangoDB
- pyArango (beta): Tariq Daouda contributed a python driver with validations.
Documentation and Cookbook
- ArangoDB and Docker: How to use the ArangoDB docker image (Frank).
- Foxx Authentication: An introduction to Foxx Authentication for the todo app by Lucas.
- FoxxGenerator: Lucas added a recipe on how to build an app with FoxxGenerator (blog).
- Search Vertices: Solving a logistics problem with graphs by Michael (SO question from sergeda).
Questions on Stack Overflow
- Find the cross node for a number of nodes in ArangoDB?
- Add edge between two documents in ArangoDB
- How to create or replace an edge
- January 24, 2015 – Cambridge, UK: /dev/winter
We re-run the bulk-import performance test on MongoDB, CouchDB, and ArangoDB we did almost two years ago.
- We now have a SQL / AQL comparison. If you have learned SQL this will help you understand AQL.
- Getting started with Guacamole on Rails: An introduction to Guacamole, an object-document-mapper written by Dirk Breuer.
- 451 research: NoSQL LinkedIn Skills Index – December 2014 “ArangoDB had the fastest rate of growth in the quarter (21.57%)” And we can do even better – because we start from a small number. 😉 Did you already updated your skills in LinkedIn?
Did you know?
If you want to dump data from an ArangoDB server instance you need to run the command:
unix> arangodump --output-directory "dump"
You can also look into more options of arangodump.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Get the latest tutorials, blog posts and news: